1. Ready to rock? Guns n Roses is at War Memorial on Saturday. Tickets are still for sale for the 80s rockers who defined a generation with their musicianship and stage presence.
2. In theaters this weekend is the film “The Dark Tower”; the period crime drama “Detroit”; and “Kidnap” starring Halle Berry.
3. Cheers! Friday is International Beer Day, and you can celebrate the day by heading to your favorite pub or by buying your favorite brew.
4. The first week of August is Simplify Your Life Week and as it comes to a close try clearing the clutter from your mind and home. Go room-by-room with the KonMari Method or just simply sorting items into three big boxes — keep, throw away and donate.
5. Sunday is National Kids’ Day, a day created by KidsPeace to “encourage adults to spend more meaningful time with their children.” Celebrate the day by taking your children to the park, to get ice cream, to a movie or whatever you and your kids like to do.
Arkansas Book and Paper Show
Do you love old books? Have a passion for historical documents, old maps and postcards? Love Arkansas history and all things Arkansas? The Arkansas Book and Paper Show is the place for you!
The Arkansas Antiquarian Booksellers Association will host the 32nd Annual Arkansas Book and Paper Show this Saturday and Sunday at the Jacksonville Community Center at 5 Municipal Drive in Jacksonville.
The show features dealers from around the region selling rare antique books, first editions, author signed editions, and out of print books. Dealers will be on hand featuring historical documents, old photos, postcards, maps, advertising media and ephemera from Arkansas and the U.S.
Hours are Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults and $2 for students and school employees with current school ID. Parking is free at the Community Center.
For more information, call 501-985-1663, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.arkansasbookandpapershow.com.