1. At the movies, “American Made” originally titled “Mena” as in Arkansas and set in and around the state. Also showing is a sequel to “Flatliners,” the 1990 film.
2. Grab the dog and take them for a walk on Sunday to start off National Walk Your Dog Week right! If you don’t own a dog, accompany a friend or volunteer to walk dogs at your local animal shelter.
3. This coming week is also National Newspaper Week. Celebrate by reading the paper!
4. This time of year is great for sports fans, with college and pro football in action. Stand, sit, kneel, whatever, in front of the TV on Saturday and Sunday.
5. Yard sales? Yard sale! Check out 35 Price Drive in Maumelle at 7 a.m. this Saturday for deals on furniture, clothing and toys.
Festival in the Park on Saturday
The third annual Festival in the Park at Two Rivers (previously Winter Market) is back this year on Saturday, Sept. 30.
It will start at noon and be held at the park at 6900 Two Rivers Road Park Road.
The drive alone is worth it, but the event is family-friendly, it comes with games, contests, food and live music.
It is scheduled to last until 7 p.m.
Two Rivers Park, with more than 1,000 acres of land encompassed by both the Arkansas and Little Maumelle Rivers, makes for a unique festival experience.
“By hosting the festival, it’s our hope that it will encourage residents of Pulaski County to use the park, whether for individual recreation or organizations who want to host their 5k runs or bike races,” said County Judge Barry Hyde. “It’s a beautiful park that should be seen and enjoyed by all.”
The park features a bike/walking trail, open play fields, expansive views of the surrounding rivers and hillsides. The Two Rivers Garden Center has over 400 plots where hundreds of local gardeners enjoy their hobby and sense of community. The proposed County master plan includes adding a pavilion, a water feature at the entrance, additional parking, additional restrooms, a potential solar farm, prairie restoration, a permanent stage and a boardwalk—all to make the park more family friendly and more attractive to the community. The park has a bright future.
Festival in the Park at Two Rivers is presented by Pulaski County and the Pulaski County Two Rivers Facilities Board. The event is sponsored by Waste Management and the Regional Recycling & Waste Reduction District.
For more information visit https://www.facebook.com/FestivalintheParkatTwoRivers/ or https://festivalintheparkattworivers.com/.