The Central Arkansas Library System’s (CALS) upcoming job skills workshops can help job seekers sharpen their skills. The workshops are offered every Saturday in August at the Main Library, 100 Rock St.,, and they cover the following topics:
• Cover Letters, Aug. 10, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Computer Classroom with Dr. Karen Kuralt of the UALR Rhetoric and Writing Department.
• How to write an effective and memorable cover letter. People are encouraged to bring any previously written personal cover letters on a flash drive, in an email account, or as paper copies.
• Classroom with Dr. Karen Kuralt of the UALR Rhetoric and Writing Department;
• How to write an effective resume in the technology age. People are encouraged to bring any previously written personal resumes on a flash drive, in an email account, or as paper copies.
• Dressing for an Interview or a Job, Aug. 24, 1:30-2:30 p.m., East Room with Lindsay Irvin of InArkansas.com. • How to dress for an interview and put together an outfit designed to impress in a future job.
• Interview Skills, August 31, 1:30-3 p.m., Darragh Center with Don Ramsey of the Arkansas Workforce Center, Mary Staten of Dillards, Allison Nicholas of Acxiom, and others;
• How to refine interview skills. Opportunity to practice skills in a "speed interviewing" session with Little Rock business people.
Registration is required and limited to 20 people per workshop. To register or for more information, call 918-3003 or visit the Main Library’s Reference Department. The Reference Department can provide assistance with the more than 100 databases CALS offers free of charge to patrons. Most can be accessed from www.cals.org at any time using a library card. The Main Library is one of fourteen CALS branches serving Pulaski and Perry counties. For more information, call 918-3029.