The cartoon on page 4A of Vol. 118 No. 10 (June 1, 2017) shows the biases of the liberal media against our President and below is why:
First, the depiction of ‘now’ shows the GOP Health Care Plan as crushing people. How can the GOP health care plan crush people? When it hasn’t been unfinished; the Senate version hasn’t even been written and all of the other steps can’t occur till the Senate writes their version. So how can one say that the GOP Health Care Plan is a failure, when it hasn’t become law yet?
Second, it shows that the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obama Care as a success. In my opinion, it has turned out to be a failure and here is why:
1. Nancy Pelosi’s comment / statement: “That we have to pass this bill to see what is in it”. For me, this is equivalent you going to a car dealer and telling them what you want in a car. He says that they have what you want and he walks you over to a car that is completely covered by a tarp. You ask to see the car. He tells you he can’t take the cover off till you pay for the car and the price is not negotiable and there is no refund, exchange or return. What would you do? I would turn around and walk out.
2. President Obama made two public statements about Obama Care. 1) If you like your doctor, you can keep him PERIOD. 2) If you like your insurance, you can keep it PERIOD. The “PERIOD” at the end of his statements tell me that there are no exceptions. We all know that those two statements were lies.
3. Yes, there were people who didn’t have health insurance and with Obama Care they now do. What isn’t talked about are the people who had coverage but lost it under Obama care because; A) they couldn’t afford the premiums, B) they couldn’t afford the deductible, C) their plan went away. How big is this second group (those that lost their health insurance) compared to the first group (those who got health insurance)? My guess is that they are approximately the same size. This means a net gain of about zero. (It has been report that the second group is larger than the first group.)
4. In 2016 their Obama Care premium increased by a very large amount, which many couldn’t afford to pay. Some states have closed their exchanges.
5. In 2016 there were a large number of counties in the USA that where down to only one provider and a number of counties didn’t have a single provider.
To me this means the Affordable Care Act has failed.
Third, now for the budget issue, remember the federal budget run from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30. The current budget was presented by President Obama. The eight budgets presented by President Obama have increased our deficit every year. As we know, a president’s proposed budget gets modified by Congress.